What is Omnichannel?
Omnichannel is a customer care term that refers to the ability for customers to seamlessly move across channels within the same interaction. “Seamlessly” means that customers don’t need to reintroduce themselves or re-explain their issue to all the agents involved because that information has been captured and all the agents have access to it.
As an example, if an organization provides omnichannel customer service, a customer could begin the interaction in an online chat session and then switch to phone support because they have a lot to say and don’t feel like typing it out. Their phone agent might be the same person they were chatting with, but even if they aren’t, the new agent can access the chat transcript so the customer doesn’t have to start from scratch.
Omnichannel service provides better customer experiences (CX) for obvious reasons. It’s frustrating to customers to repeat their information over and over. Research shows nearly all consumers expect businesses to provide omnichannel experiences, yet they also think businesses are falling short of these expectations.
That’s because delivering omnichannel experiences is not an easy task. It requires technology many contact centers don’t have, including:
- An automatic contact distributor (ACD) that puts all contacts from all channels (voice and digital) in a universal queue and then routes them according to sophisticated, omnichannel rules.
- A consolidated agent desktop that enables agents to access all the channels they support within a single interface. The desktop also needs a universal inbox so agents can holistically manage all their assigned interactions.
- Workforce management software that can forecast volume for all channels and schedule multi-skilled agents.
- Reporting and analytics tools that can provide a consolidated view of performance from all channels.
About NICE Satmetrix
NICE Satmetrix is the leading global provider of Voice of the Customer (VOC) software used by the world's most forward-thinking companies to analyze and transform their customer service interactions. Our Customer Journey-based solution combines and analyzes customer interactions, solicited feedback, and operational data at enterprise scale to uncover blind spots, increase customer satisfaction and improve agent performance.
With consumers reaching out to contact centers for more reasons than ever before, providing consistent and optimized experiences is central to fostering loyalty and increasing customer lifetime value. NICE Satmetrix VOC enables businesses of all sizes to grow the value of customer service touchpoints and operationalize customer feedback.
With NICE Satmetrix VOC, the top VOC solution for contact centers, contact centers get access to:
Integrations with NICE inContact CXone and the NICE portfolio of contact center solutions
- Superior analytics
- Digital omnichannel and hassle-free IVR integrations
- Customer Journey-based design
- One-stop-shop for all your contact center VOC needs
NICE Satmetrix is the co-creator of the Net Promoter Score® (NPS®), one of the best indicators of customer loyalty and predictors of business growth. We've instilled our deep knowledge of consumer behavior into our VOC software to make NICE Satmetrix holistic VOC a true one-stop shop for Voice of the Customer with a self-service solution that meets the needs of organizations of every size.