What is Customer Care?
Customer care refers to the way a business treats its customers throughout the duration of the relationship. The desired outcome of customer care is a strong emotional connection that builds customer loyalty and long-term relationships. To do this, businesses need to truly listen to their customers and offer solutions that meet their needs, even though the solutions may not always be in the best interest of the organization.
Customer care is sometimes called customer service, but many CX professionals define them as two different things. Customer service, in its most basic form, can simply be the effective resolution of a customer’s issue, without any kind of rapport building. In other words, it can be a coldly professional transaction. Customer service combined with customer care still gets the job done but leaves customers with the feeling that the company cares about them. It’s easy to see why the combination of the two creates better experiences.
Customer care keys to success in the contact center
Contact centers are at the forefront of delivering satisfying customer care. To do this, contact centers need the right elements in place, such as:
- Empathetic agents. It’s important that customers and agents build a positive connection. To help agents with rapport building, they should receive training on active listening skills and communicating empathy.
- Customer-centric policies. Running up against rigid policies when they’re trying to get help can leave customers frustrated and feeling like the company doesn’t care about them. Organizations should develop policies that balance business needs with customer needs.
- Smart technology. Artificial intelligence has made it easier to determine customer sentiment and preferences, which enables contact centers to better personalize experiences. For example, predictive behavioral routing can match callers to agents they’re likely to “click” with. And CX analytics can provide insights about how customers feel about the brand and the service they’re receiving.
A well-executed customer care strategy should result in stronger customer relationships that benefit the bottom line.
About NICE Satmetrix
NICE Satmetrix is the leading global provider of Voice of the Customer (VOC) software used by the world's most forward-thinking companies to analyze and transform their customer service interactions. Our Customer Journey-based solution combines and analyzes customer interactions, solicited feedback, and operational data at enterprise scale to uncover blind spots, increase customer satisfaction and improve agent performance.
With consumers reaching out to contact centers for more reasons than ever before, providing consistent and optimized experiences is central to fostering loyalty and increasing customer lifetime value. NICE Satmetrix VOC enables businesses of all sizes to grow the value of customer service touchpoints and operationalize customer feedback.
With NICE Satmetrix VOC, the top VOC solution for contact centers, contact centers get access to:
Integrations with NICE inContact CXone and the NICE portfolio of contact center solutions
- Superior analytics
- Digital omnichannel and hassle-free IVR integrations
- Customer Journey-based design
- One-stop-shop for all your contact center VOC needs
NICE Satmetrix is the co-creator of the Net Promoter Score® (NPS®), one of the best indicators of customer loyalty and predictors of business growth. We've instilled our deep knowledge of consumer behavior into our VOC software to make NICE Satmetrix holistic VOC a true one-stop shop for Voice of the Customer with a self-service solution that meets the needs of organizations of every size.