What is a Closed-loop Survey?
A closed-loop survey is a device within a closed-loop feedback process that collects customer input. The closed-loop survey helps identify customer experience (CX) strengths and weaknesses and can pinpoint specific customers who need attention Contacting these customers and “closing the loop” by addressing their issues can strengthen relationships and reduce churn.
Although closed-loop surveys can provide highly useful data, many CX-focused businesses view them as one point of feedback in a much longer conversation. Closing the loop by talking to customers provides more context and qualitative information. Additionally, closed-loop surveys should include freeform fields that allow customers to explain their survey responses. Without this additional information, survey results can be much less actionable.
Common types of closed-loop surveys include:
- Net Promoter Score (NPS). Net Promoter Score surveys measure consumer perceptions about a brand (relational NPS) or specific interaction (transactional NPS). Survey takers are asked to rate the following question on a scale of 0 – 10: How likely is it that you would recommend [brand] to a friend or colleague? NPS is an indicator of loyalty and a predictor of future business growth.
- Customer satisfaction (CSAT). CSAT is a very traditional form of closed-loop survey that typically measures how people think and feel about a specific transaction such as an appliance installation or a customer service interaction. CSAT surveys can identify areas to focus on to improve CX.
- Customer effort. Customer effort scores (CES) indicate if customers think businesses are easy or hard to work with. This type of closed-loop survey can help identify sources of friction along the customer journey.
About NICE Satmetrix
NICE Satmetrix is the leading global provider of Voice of the Customer (VOC) software used by the world's most forward-thinking companies to analyze and transform their customer service interactions. Our Customer Journey-based solution combines and analyzes customer interactions, solicited feedback, and operational data at enterprise scale to uncover blind spots, increase customer satisfaction and improve agent performance.
With consumers reaching out to contact centers for more reasons than ever before, providing consistent and optimized experiences is central to fostering loyalty and increasing customer lifetime value. NICE Satmetrix VOC enables businesses of all sizes to grow the value of customer service touchpoints and operationalize customer feedback.
With NICE Satmetrix VOC, the top VOC solution for contact centers, contact centers get access to:
Integrations with NICE inContact CXone and the NICE portfolio of contact center solutions
- Superior analytics
- Digital omnichannel and hassle-free IVR integrations
- Customer Journey-based design
- One-stop-shop for all your contact center VOC needs
NICE Satmetrix is the co-creator of the Net Promoter Score® (NPS®), one of the best indicators of customer loyalty and predictors of business growth. We've instilled our deep knowledge of consumer behavior into our VOC software to make NICE Satmetrix holistic VOC a true one-stop shop for Voice of the Customer with a self-service solution that meets the needs of organizations of every size.