What is CCaaS?
CCaaS is an acronym for contact center as a service, also referred to as cloud contact center. CCaaS is a software model in which the contact center applications are hosted by a vendor and available to end-users via a browser for a monthly subscription fee. CCaaS providers are responsible for providing and managing hardware as well as keeping software up to date, as compared to on-premises models where contact centers are responsible for those tasks.
Applications offered by CCaaS vendors typically include those used for routing, such as automatic call distributors (ACDs) and interactive voice response systems (IVRs). However, many leading vendors offer a more holistic, cloud-based product suite, including workforce management software, reporting and analytics tools, call recording and quality monitoring applications, and more.
There are many benefits to using CCaaS. We’ve already touched on the fact that when contact centers use a CCaaS model, they no longer have to worry about software upgrades or purchasing and managing hardware. That’s a substantial benefit. Here are some others:
- Flexibly scale. CCaaS vendors typically have the infrastructure capacity to allow their clients to quickly scale up or down.
- Favorable pricing model. The cost of a CCaaS seat is usually cheaper than an on-premises user license. Plus, CCaaS customers normally only pay for what they use, which is especially favorable to organizations with large seasonal volume peaks.
- Quickly add new capabilities. Other capabilities offered by the vendor, such as digital channels, can typically be turned on in a matter of days rather than weeks or months. Plus, if the vendor uses open APIs, integrations with other systems, such as Voice of the Customer analytics software, is greatly simplified.
- Enables work from home. Remote agents usually just need a laptop and a good internet connection to access cloud software, making set up a breeze. This capability is important for business resilience and also lets organizations tap into new labor markets.
About NICE Satmetrix
NICE Satmetrix is the leading global provider of Voice of the Customer (VOC) software used by the world's most forward-thinking companies to analyze and transform their customer service interactions. Our Customer Journey-based solution combines and analyzes customer interactions, solicited feedback, and operational data at enterprise scale to uncover blind spots, increase customer satisfaction and improve agent performance.
With consumers reaching out to contact centers for more reasons than ever before, providing consistent and optimized experiences is central to fostering loyalty and increasing customer lifetime value. NICE Satmetrix VOC enables businesses of all sizes to grow the value of customer service touchpoints and operationalize customer feedback.
With NICE Satmetrix VOC, the top VOC solution for contact centers, contact centers get access to:
Integrations with NICE inContact CXone and the NICE portfolio of contact center solutions
- Superior analytics
- Digital omnichannel and hassle-free IVR integrations
- Customer Journey-based design
- One-stop-shop for all your contact center VOC needs
NICE Satmetrix is the co-creator of the Net Promoter Score® (NPS®), one of the best indicators of customer loyalty and predictors of business growth. We've instilled our deep knowledge of consumer behavior into our VOC software to make NICE Satmetrix holistic VOC a true one-stop shop for Voice of the Customer with a self-service solution that meets the needs of organizations of every size.