What is Indirect Feedback?
Indirect feedback is customer input that a business didn’t solicit but can access for analysis. For example, customer service interactions, social media comments, and verbatim text are all valuable sources of indirect feedback. Indirect feedback can be used in conjunction with survey scores (direct feedback) to derive a more comprehensive view of the customer experience.
Customers are often very candid in these indirect feedback forums and the information provided can help fill in gaps of an organization’s customer knowledge. Effectively mining indirect feedback requires smart VOC analytics software that leverages artificial intelligence to understand and process human speech. Below are some examples of how that works.
- Customer service interactions. Some of the most valuable input happens when customers talk to service agents. The best interaction analytics software can comb through 100% of interactions from channels such as voice, email, and chat. This allows the application to identify trends and turn the indirect feedback into performance data that can be correlated to other inputs, including survey results.
- Social media comments. Modern analytics tools can monitor social media to capture conversations about a brand. It can then turn this indirect feedback into data that can be used with other information to produce useful insights about the customer experience.
- Verbatim text. Some of the most valuable feedback collected by surveys is contained in the freeform text fields. This provides the “why” behind survey responses. Aggregating verbatim text and transforming it into useful data is a task analytics software can perform effectively.
About NICE Satmetrix
NICE Satmetrix is the leading global provider of Voice of the Customer (VOC) software used by the world's most forward-thinking companies to analyze and transform their customer service interactions. Our Customer Journey-based solution combines and analyzes customer interactions, solicited feedback, and operational data at enterprise scale to uncover blind spots, increase customer satisfaction and improve agent performance.
With consumers reaching out to contact centers for more reasons than ever before, providing consistent and optimized experiences is central to fostering loyalty and increasing customer lifetime value. NICE Satmetrix VOC enables businesses of all sizes to grow the value of customer service touchpoints and operationalize customer feedback.
With NICE Satmetrix VOC, the top VOC solution for contact centers, contact centers get access to:
Integrations with NICE inContact CXone and the NICE portfolio of contact center solutions
- Superior analytics
- Digital omnichannel and hassle-free IVR integrations
- Customer Journey-based design
- One-stop-shop for all your contact center VOC needs
NICE Satmetrix is the co-creator of the Net Promoter Score® (NPS®), one of the best indicators of customer loyalty and predictors of business growth. We've instilled our deep knowledge of consumer behavior into our VOC software to make NICE Satmetrix holistic VOC a true one-stop shop for Voice of the Customer with a self-service solution that meets the needs of organizations of every size.