What is Call Recording?
Call recording is the process of capturing the audio and sometimes images (agent screens) of a customer service call. It can also refer to the actual file that contains the record.
Call recording is a common practice among contact centers. Most contact centers use call recording software to capture a portion or all of their voice interactions. In some industries, for example, financial services, call recording may be required by law. But most contact centers choose to record calls for other business reasons. A primary use of call recordings is quality management. Contact centers typically evaluate a sample of calls each month to determine overall quality and identify agents who need additional coaching or training.
Call recordings contain a wealth of information about what customers are thinking, feeling, and talking about. As such, they can be used to build a more holistic Voice of the Customer (VOC). To get the most from call recordings, organizations can use that can comb through all interactions from all channels and identify keywords, trends, emerging problems, customer sentiment, and more.
But the uses for call recordings don’t end with quality management and VOC. Contact centers also use them for:
- Dispute resolution. Because call recordings are direct records of what occurred during an interaction, they can be used to resolve disputes with customers.
- Training. Good and bad call recordings can be used as real-life examples during agent training.
- Problem identification. Listening to calls can help identify problems with products, packaging, the company website, etc. When the problems are fixed, customer frustration and call volume should decrease.
- Agent recognition. Agents that produce exceptional interactions can be rewarded and their call recordings can be used as an example to other agents.
About NICE Satmetrix
NICE Satmetrix is the leading global provider of Voice of the Customer (VOC) software used by the world's most forward-thinking companies to analyze and transform their customer service interactions. Our Customer Journey-based solution combines and analyzes customer interactions, solicited feedback, and operational data at enterprise scale to uncover blind spots, increase customer satisfaction and improve agent performance.
With consumers reaching out to contact centers for more reasons than ever before, providing consistent and optimized experiences is central to fostering loyalty and increasing customer lifetime value. NICE Satmetrix VOC enables businesses of all sizes to grow the value of customer service touchpoints and operationalize customer feedback.
With NICE Satmetrix VOC, the top VOC solution for contact centers, contact centers get access to:
Integrations with NICE inContact CXone and the NICE portfolio of contact center solutions
- Superior analytics
- Digital omnichannel and hassle-free IVR integrations
- Customer Journey-based design
- One-stop-shop for all your contact center VOC needs
NICE Satmetrix is the co-creator of the Net Promoter Score® (NPS®), one of the best indicators of customer loyalty and predictors of business growth. We've instilled our deep knowledge of consumer behavior into our VOC software to make NICE Satmetrix holistic VOC a true one-stop shop for Voice of the Customer with a self-service solution that meets the needs of organizations of every size.